Following the recommendations of the Synod Informational Department of the Russian Orthodox Church, with the blessing of His Eminence Metropolitan Vladimir, social and youth missionary activities are declared priority activity directions of the Orthodox Church of Moldova in 2016.
Thus, the representatives of the Metropolitan Departments:
- Cultural Relations (Mitred Archpriest Nicolae Ciobanu),
- Social Activity and Charity (Mitred Archpriest Nicolae Cravet),
- Pastoral Activity among Youth (Protodeacon Andrei Irascu),
- Education methodology (Archpriest Alexei Boenciuc, Angela Levinta),
- Press Service, media and informational technologies (Priest Mihail Borta, Subdeacon Alexei Spelciuc)
are assigned the mission of implementation and support of social, missionary, philanthropic, and youth education activities.
In addition, the Synod Informational Department of the Russian Orthodox Church that organized training courses on missionary activity in social media: “Presence of the Church in social media: current status and perspectives”, recommends diocesan web-sites, Orthodox Christian spirituality portals and blogs, to provide informational support to the Church projects in social and youth missionary activities.