The session of the Synod of the Orthodox Church of Moldova, headed by His Eminence Metropolitan Vladimir, started today, 18th October 2016, at the Metropolitan Residence.
All arch-pastors of the Metropolis of Moldova participated, as follows: His Eminence Archbishop Sava of Tiraspol and Dubasari, His Grace Bishop Anatolie of Cahul and Comrat, His Grace Petru of Ungheni and Nisporeni, His Grace Bishop Marchel of Balti and Falesti, His Grace Bishop Nicodim of Edinet and Briceni, and His Grace Ioan, Bishop of Soroca and Vicar of the Metropolis of Chisinau and All Moldova.
Reports of His Eminence Vladimir, Metropolitan of Chisinau and All Moldova, were discussed at the Synod meeting, including:
- Participation of Metropolitan Vladimir as permanent member at the ordinary session of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church on 15th July 2016,
- Appreciation of church events related to the canonization of local Saints (St. Hierarch Gavriil Banulescu-Bodoni and St. Blessed Agafia of Cuselauca),
- Renaming of the Orthodox Theological Seminary of Chisinau in honour of Holy Hierarch Gavriil Banulescu-Bodoni,
- Introduction of certain church distinctions and awards,
- Organization of the National Conference “The Orthodox Church of Moldova and the State. Faith and Knowledge”, held on 11th October 2016,
- Dismissals, defrocking of certain clergy, in line with Church Rules.
Sinodal Sector of Institutional Communication and Relations with Mass-Media